Saturday, August 29, 2009

shambhu



Hi , This post is inspired by a similar post by angry in oman.

It was the last day of the academic year . I was in my second year at college and my seniors at our shared apartment who were in their final year were packing up all their stuff. The air was thick with emotion. They were distributing their used textbooks, notes, xerox copies assignments and what not. Me, I was rummaging through their lab records so that i could cut and paste most of the diagrams needed in my lab records and substitute their lab readings for the sessions i would definitely miss in the coming semesters taking in to my account my extracurricular activities

;-) . Strangely i came across a name again and again "Vinod.Das" on the lab records . Around 16 guys stayed in that 6 bedroom house and everybody knew everybody else and i was puzzled. I ran up to where all were everyone was lounging some were smoking some were busy on the computer and others were packing i singled out my favourite senior and drew him aside his name was " shambhu" . (He and me slept in the same room for 2 years, got drunk togother a hundred times ,shared cigarettes a thousand times and had so much fun togother ) and i showed him the record book and asked him " who is Vinod D?". All hell broke loose,I will take the look on his face to my grave i guess . It turned out that his name was actually Vinod Das and because he had this habit of chewing on loose tobacco always people called him by that tobacco brands name

"shambhu"
Any ways it lightened the mood which would have been very sad otherwise.

20 comments:

Insignia said...

Better late than never I guess. :-D

The person with whom you spent most of your times with for 2 years, sharing fags and booze, and you didn't know his official name!

Lol!! Such memories brings a smile on our face and lightens up the day, otherwise which goes by doing mundane activities.

Angry In Oman said...

That's hilarious!

Sythe said...

hahahaha!

Thats too funny ;)

Nice post!

scarlet pimpernel said...

Insignia
It is whispered that even his mother calls him by the name "sambhu".
Aio
Thanks for dropping by
Sythe
Mille fois merci

Siddhesh Kabe said...

rofl...perfect...must see the look on shambhus face...:P

The Pineapple Tart said...

Hi scarlet pimpernel - I see you're a fan of Shobhaa De; I used to buy her novels when was flying into Mumbai. My first novel, The Pineapple Tart is an Irish version of Sultry Days...

scarlet pimpernel said...

ravan
;-)
Pineapple Tart
Your novels are number one on my must read list now

S said...

LOL !!

Vinod.D aka Sambhu !!

best was the khaini pack on the top !!

scarlet pimpernel said...

sourav
man !!! thanks
i used to prefer chaini khaini tho

Saad Shaikh said...

rofl.. seriously.. :P

I didn't expect this to come out of it.. lol.. :D

shambhu... :D :D..

nice.. nah.. funny post.. :P

S said...

And I prefer 502 pataka bidi ! :P

Sara said...

thank you for dropping by :) x

Anonymous said...

shambhu...
give him something from my side...
and you got to know his name finally!!
congos...

Anonymous said...

LOL>.!!

Pramoda Meduri said...

:)..Hilarious..:)

swati said...

ehehe..had fun reading it :)
nice one!!
Take care!

Sandhya Menon said...

I've told you before and I'll tell you again. YOu have the best stories. YOu need to put all this down in a book.

AnicA said...

hilarious !!! and the picture there is just 'picture perfect' LOL....

Anonymous said...

Good memories. These kind of nick names have saved people from getting named in police cases. I think you should tell that story.

Issac

Anonymous said...

I appreciate, lead to I found just what I was taking a look for.

You've ended my four day long hunt! God Bless you man.
Have a nice day. Bye|

Also visit my website fotele obrotowe